With the change of seasons, it helps keep your wardrobe ready. Suede is a luxury style and a fall shoe, but it will take some preparation to make these shoes look good and last a long time this fall season. Jyoti Mohan Narula, Managing Director, JOE SHU and Salesh Grover, Business Manager, OSL Luxury Collections Pvt Ltd – Corneliani, offer some tips on how to take care of suede shoes in the fall: The most expensive shoes in the world are Rs 123 Crore and the diamond studded gold shoes are for sale in Dubai!
1. Brush them properly: Suede shoes look classic, but if they are not well taken care of, they will not last long. It is recommended to opt for a nylon bristle brush for a gentle cleaning of dirt or oil stains on the shoes. Clean the shoes with the suede brush after each use, it will revive the nap and remove extra dirt.
2. Store them properly: Suede shoes should be better protected than other shoes. Avoid fading and texture of these shoes by keeping them out of direct sunlight. Store them in a cool, dry place and if possible in a breathable muslin bag. In addition, placing a shoe tree will preserve the shape and lengthen the life of the shoe.
3. Waterproofing: Suede shoes should be waterproofed as the use of water on them can affect both the texture and the color of the shoes. To remove stains, blot them with a small amount of white vinegar and a clean towel. Protect your suede shoes by using wax and spray waterproofing products. Use a protective spray for quick, easy and effective results.
4. Buy a protective spray for suede: Water can damage the suede and eventually change the color and texture, but a protective spray will prevent this from happening. A protective spray for suede is a worthwhile investment and will extend the life of your shoe.
5. Let the suede breathe: Suede requires exposure to air unlike some types of shoes which can be easily stored in plastic containers. Avoid storing your boots in an area that could get hot and / or humid, such as a bathroom, garage, or basement.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on September 30, 2018 at 10:26 am IST. For more information and updates on Politics, World, Sports, Entertainment, and Lifestyle , connect to our website Latestly.com).